Anxiety Counseling Services
Are you struggling with anxiety amidst this COVID-19 crisis? We can help with anxiety counseling.
Fears about COVID-19 are taking an emotional toll on everyone to some degree or another. However, especially those who already struggle with General Anxiety Disorder, fears can push you to the edge of your limits. But you are not powerless. Please read on.
Yes, It’s a frightening time. We’re in the middle of a worldwide pandemic, with cities and even entire countries shutting down and forcing people into quarantine. Some of us are in areas that have already been affected by coronavirus. Others are bracing for what may come. And all of us are watching the headlines and wondering, “What is going to happen next?”
For many people, wondering what will happen in the future is the hardest thing to handle. We don’t know how exactly we’ll be impacted or how bad things might get. No one knows. And that makes it all too easy to catastrophize and spiral out into overwhelming dread and panic.
Hi, my name is Kelli and I am the Executive Director here at New Horizons. MY STORY: I grew up in a highly dysfunctional, abusive home and experienced severe sexual, psychological, physical and emotional abuse starting at the age of 4 years old and finally ending when I left home at 15 only to get married for survival to an abusive man with another dysfunctional relationship. From an early age I have had to learn to control my anxiety related to my very survival. Today, I am in a wonderful, healthy relationship and I am now equipped to manage my anxious thoughts in an efficient manner. I would like the opportunity to work with you. I can teach you how I did it and how you can say, “Goodbye Anxiety.”
Our commitment? Let’s spend a minimum of 10, individualized, one on one sessions together exploring such topics as:
- LESSON 1 - Getting to know you and your specific challenges as well as an Introduction to General Anxiety Disorder and strategies to begin tackling physical symptoms
- LESSON 2 - Strategies to begin tackling anxiety-provoking thoughts and worries
- LESSON 3 - Strategies to tackle specific problems and begin to shift unhelpful beliefs
- LESSON 4 - Strategies to build confidence when facing challenging situations
- LESSON 5 - Strategies to begin transforming the source of worry and anxiety-provoking thoughts
- LESSON 6 - Strategies for how to identify, evaluate, and respond to automatic thoughts and beliefs related to symptoms of anxiety.
- SESSION 7 - Incorporate mindfulness practices and relaxation techniques within the CBT framework.
- SESSION 8 - Design behavioral experiments, including exposure exercises.
- SESSION 9 - Collaborate with clients and tailor treatment specific to individual needs.
- SESSION 10 - Strategies to keep improving in the long run
The good news is, even during this time of lockdown we can do this course virtually from the privacy and safety of your own home: I am offering three formats for phone or video chat.
- Let’s do a regular audio phone call.
- If you have an iPhone, we can use FaceTime.
- If you don’t have an iPhone download the Google Duo app, it is free, and we can use that format.
This way you can continue your program from the comfort of your own home.
I look forward to meeting with you and taking you on a journey to say, “Goodbye Anxiety” in your life as I have in mine.
Kelli MaShon Turansky
New Horizons Counseling
Program cost: $750.00 – Includes, 10, one on one, private sessions with me as your coach as well as curriculum for the program itself.
Online Payment information - Payments can be made through Venmo or Apple Pay. Or, you can use your credit/debit card via PayPal or Square. (a 3% processing fee is added for these services.)